Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello My Name Is...

...Karissa
I was always so nervous to have my own blog
(actually had one in middle school that my older sister found not too long ago...it's too funny and I swear I will never let it get out...)
but because of my new obsession with blogs that have to do with everything domestic and DIY projects, I've decided to join the blogging world.

When I was younger I remember my mom sewing us (my two sisters and me) dresses and clothes for our American Girl Dolls (do kids still play with those? We LOVED ours!). My sisters and I took really fun sewing classes back in the day too that I loved. Somewhere in there though...my desire to sew was replaced with other hobbies and such. (GASP)

Thankfully my love for sewing was rejuvenated when my (then) boyfriend asked me to
marry him :)


I wanted my wedding to be totally us which to me meant lots of do it yourself projects.
Well...actually now that I really think about it...we got engaged December 21, 2009 and I had already asked for a sewing machine from my parents for that Christmas so I guess I started wanting to sew before wedding planning. hmm
I'm pretty sure I'm too young to have this kind of memory problem.
anyway...

I will blog soon about my wedding projects :)

When I started talking about wanting to start a blog, my amazing Kyle (my wonderful husband)
said that he would help me set it up just like I want it. 

I sketched out what I wanted the banner to look at and
gave him the colors I wanted it to be in...


I actually gave him these two shirts as my color choices and he's so incredible that he got exactly what I was thinking of! I know, he's amazing :)

Thanks to Kyle my blog is up and running!

So my topics will range from
sewing projects to what's for dinner
to what I'm reading or even what's on my mind.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading the old blog. I promise to keep it a secret if you promise not to get rid of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay sis! Welcome to blog world. I am now officially following you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...