Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Weekend

I had a great weekend and I hope you all did as well!
I was in Tennessee celebrating with Kyle's family his grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.
There was a big party with a beautiful vowel renewal ceremony that Kyle officiated at.
They said the sweetest and most genuine words to each other and
Kyle's Poppa surprised his Nana with a gorgeous ring.
I don't think there was a dry eye in the whole room.


Nana and Poppa have a beautiful house! The whole family stayed there (about twenty people maybe) which was a first for me because my mom's side of the family live close to each other so we don't all stay over at the same time and my dad's sisters and families stay with my grandparents when they come. So being in the same house with everyone in the family for a weekend was lots of fun!
I wish I had pictures of their house to share but I never did get around to taking any
- better things to do like hang out with family :)
Their house is over 100 years old and they have added on a lot themselves
which is totally cool because their house is full of their own ideas.
There were lots of things that I pointed out to Kyle that I would just have to have one day in our home like the awesome turret, beautiful chandeliers, tall bookcases, gorgeous ceiling tiles
and the list goes on...
Doesn't their house sound amazing!?
Oh, and Nana has a sewing room. That's a must for me too :) ha
(but lets face it, i've basically taken over the spare room as a sewing room ha but Kyle doesn't mind:)


Here's a picture of me and Kyle after the ceremony.
I think it's pretty neat that Kyle and I got married the same year that Nana and Poppa celebrate their 50th year together. One day we'll be like them and celebrate 50 years too.
I hope it's full of family and love like theirs was!

Just got on Facebook and noticed Poppa has made an album from the ceremony so here some are :)



The Lovely Couple




The Blushing Bride



Everyone



Nana with all her Bridesmaids



Nana with her daughters



2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Life of Meg's Mingle Monday! Your hubby's grandparents sound so sweet!! I'm a recent newlywed as well and I'm excited to follow your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a precious day!! Nana & Poppa are just SO cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...