Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I wanna be a runner...

So I started training. There's a 5k on my calendar for May 21st.
Mine and Kyle's lifegroup (a small group at church) is actually doing it so that's been great for motivation ha

Those are my super gorgeous shoes that I got here for supa cheap.
I love a good deal ;)

Anyway, I say all this to explain that new little gadget there to the left.
I'm doing the couch to 5k program. I'm really liking it a lot so far.
Obviously I'm not too hard core. I need to run more often... but I think I'm off to a good start.
And with an awesome running buddy,
(my amazing Kyle :)
and the encouragement from friends that I'm getting, I think I will only see improvement. 
I am so excited about this 5k and running isn't as painful as I remember from the
forced runs our tennis coach would spring on us randomly. 
Jenna, remember those? haha
And I think the couch to 5k program is perfect for me,
I definitely recommend it if you're a newbie like me.

And if you're looking for a little motivation here are some of my favorite blogs to visit:

(never home)maker: A husband and wife blogging duo that describe their site as the fit blog for foodies. 
They share a lot of recipes and I love all their posts on running.

This Mama Makes Stuff: At first I read this blog for the sewing tutorials but now I love all her inspirational running stuff too. My favorite posts of hers is one called I Don't Like Running and I love her marathon recap posts too!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...